Activities and events
Details of the activities, events and services you can use at this Children's Centre.
Weekly Drop In Programme from 15th April 2013
9.00am - 11.00am - Stay and Play (times change during school holidays)
9.30am - 11.30am - TWINS and Multiples Drop in Group
9.30am - 11.00am - Well Baby Clinic and Baby Group (suitable for babies who are not yet confident walkers)
1.15pm - 2.45pm - Stay & Play (times change during school holidays)
Saturdads and Saturday Stay and Play - For up to 10 year olds
Please see the Saturdads section for up-to-date times and dates
Download our weekly programme
Click on the link to view and download our latest Weekly Drop In Programme
Find us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/bicesterbrooksidechildrenscentre
May Half Term - Tuesday 28th May - Friday 31st May 2013
The centre will be closed on Bank Holiday Monday 27th May 2013
Baby Group and Well Baby Clinic will go ahead as usual.
Messy Stay and Play day will be at the Brookside Children's Centre on Wednesday 29th May 10:00 - 12:00. Suitable for up to 10 year olds.
Come in old clothes and bring a spare set as you will get messy !!!
Click on the link to view and download details for Messy Half Term
Other activities/groups on offer at the Children's Centre that you might like to know about:
- Young Parents Group and Teenage and Pregnant Group (TAP) (with a free creche)
- Parenting Courses (daytime and evening courses)
- Family Learning courses to help parents support their children's learning development (with a free creche)
- Weekly 'Take a Break Creche'
- Antenatal classes and clinics with the Bicester Midwives Team (who are housed with us)
What is a Stay and Play?
- Stay and Play sessions run year round and are aimed at Parents/Carers of under fives (up to 10 years during the school holidays).
- You can come along to a Stay and Play session anytime during the times stated.
- All Stay and Play sessions are planned around the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- There will always be age appropriate toys, dedicated baby area, arts/crafts, messy play and year round outdoor play (capes and wellies supplied for those wet days).
- Coming along to a Stay and Play session is a great chance for you to enjoy interaction with your children and meet new friends.
- Parents/carers can also find support and advice on a wide range of topics, including - returning to work, latest job vacancies in the area, volunteering, training opportunities and information on other Children's Centre groups and support groups in the area.
EVENING BABY AND CHILD FIRST AID COURSE
WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 6:30PM - 8:30PM - £5.00 PER PERSON (payable on booking)
Below is a list of Courses we are planning on running to July 2013. Please contact the centre if you would like to register an interest in attending a course:
- Basic Sewing/Craft Workshops
- Healthy Cooking
- HENRY (Health, Education and Nutrition in the Really Young)
- Basic Maths and English
- First Aid
- First Aid for Fathers
- Baby Massage
- Return to Work
What course would you like to do?
Suggest courses we could run at the Children's Centre.
Give us a call or email us and let us know. We will register your interest and comments and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Are you starting to think about introducing solid food into your baby's diet?
The Brookside Children's Centre will be holding weaning sessions run by the Bicester Nursery Nurses on the following dates:
10:00 - 11:00 - Thursday 30th May 2013
This group is most suitable for when your child is aged 4 months plus.
Contact: Jo Pinney - Community Nursery Nurse - 01869 247450 or Lucy Beckett - Community Nursery Nurse - 01869 247522
Take a Break Creche
If you fancy a break from your child, the Children's Centre can offer you between 5-7 Tuesday mornings
9.30 - 11:30 (term-time only) £1.00 per session. Please contact the centre for more information.
Young Parents Group
The group meets weekly and offers a full programme of activities, drawn up by young parents, including:
- Healthy Cooking
- Arts and Craft sessions
- Aromatherapy and Massage
- Health Topics
- Chillin and much more…
We also offer lots of advice, information and support including job/career opportunities and one to one sessions. The group is free with a free crèche. The workers are Kirsty Page - Bicester Children's Centre and a worker from the Bicester Early Intervention HUB.
Our aim is to create a warm and friendly environment where young parents can try a variety of activities and make new friends and where babies and children can have a nice time socialising in the crèche.
Call or Text Kirsty - 01869 249604 / 07926 377562
Please see our Saturdads section for dates and times.
A fun session for dads, stepdads, granddads, uncles and children - suitable for up to 10 year olds
A great website for dads - http://www.oxondads.co.uk
Quotes from parents
'What a lovely place to come and play. The children loved it'
'I really appreciate the ideas Stay and Play sessions offer for the children. My daughter loved painting the wall. Thank you'
'The centre is big and the space is so good for the children'
Email your comments to BicesterChildrensCentre@oxfordshire.gov.uk
This page was last updated on May 15, 2013